Radish & Cucumber Salad with Yoghurt Dressing.
‘Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.’
When the Spring is breathing on you, you want to taste its freshness, too. Typical winter meals, hot and starchy, are starting to lack something. This something is usually a spring salad! Depending where you live, the spring salad can happen to you at any season. For most people, their bodies start craving salads especially in spring. Seasonal vegetables are best for you since they ripe when our Mother Nature intended it. I am blessed to live in Florida at this stage of my life, so I can have many vegetables in season for the most part of the year. However, any veggie salad is better than none:-) Please enjoy this simple recipe, that can be a great addition to your regular meals. It is so palate refreshing, and healthy!
– Raw Radishes, a bunch.
– Raw Cucumbers, 2 medium sized pieces. Pickle type (when it is fresh and raw) is the best, since it is the crunchiest and the sweetest. Can be found in many local fresh markets. European seedless sold at most supermarkets should do, too.
– Raw tomatoes, 2 pcs, medium sized. Roma tomatoes are used here.
– Dill weed (a must!) Many local markets sell dill weed (and other herbs) at good prices!
– Green onions/scallions.
– Organic plain yoghurt mixed with sour cream. Or just the yoghurt itself. I buy this brand.
– Sea salt and black ground pepper.
Serves two or a hungry one.
Wash all vegetables. A good natural way to do it is to soak them for couple minutes in a sea salt solution (salt and water). All the dirt will fall on the bottom. Then rinse them in a clean water. If there is a lot of dirt/soil on it, rub them first with the brush. Peel the cucumber if the skin is tough. Trim ends in radish. Chop/slice all the veggies as desired. Combine yoghurt and sour-cream, and pour over the salad. Start with 1 tablespoon of yoghurt and 1 tbsp of sour-cream, stir it in, taste. Adjust the amount of dressing as desired. Add salt and pepper, mix well. Consume immediately. It can be stored in the fridge, but it becomes watery quickly, so you will need to pour out extra water before consuming it. This salad is so versatile! You can add avocados and sweet peppers to it. Before you experiment, try the basic version and see if you need to go no further. Enjoy!
Your comments are very important to me. Please share your impressions below. Thank you!
Share and Enjoy